Monday, December 19, 2011

Great breeds for dressage? Any takers?

Hey guys, well ive finally done it. I saved and saved until I now have enough to invest in a pedigree Dressage mount. I'm looking at the warmbloods of course, and in particular the Holsteiner, Dutch, and Honovarian. Now I know it usually depends on the horse inparticular but I wanted to hear some suggestions from some who may have worked or experienced seeing some of these mounts, and what you think you can gain from one. I'm considering starting out young with a colt or a filly of my choosing, it seems more cost effective to invest young and take the time to train the horse into a more comfortable mount than pay high for a mount that may be 2nd or 3rd level and you have trouble articulating the signals to. (though that may be your problem and not the horse)

0 comments:

Post a Comment